Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Book Review: There's Just Something About a Boy by Jenny Sulpizio

I didn't realize that this was a children's book whenever I agreed to review it, but it is a delightful one. I have two boys of my own and I agree: "There's just something about a boy"!

The text of the book is fun to read out loud because it has a certain rhythm to it that I enjoyed. I'm sure it will amuse a little one when read by his/her mother. The author writes on the subject matter (a mother's musings about her newborn son) in a way that helps the reader (and listener) identify with her feelings of being the mother of a boy and the unique ways he touches her life.

There's Something About a Boy is sure to please any mother and her precious son (or daughter!). I would recommend it to be added to every child's bookshelf.

No comments: