Thursday, August 19, 2010

Attention All Bibliophiles! (Almost) Free Books!

I have something to share with all of you who love books! I want to tell you about a website that I am spending WAYYYYYYY too much time on, but it has been so much fun!

The website is called Paperback Swap. It is a place where you can get books (not just paperbacks) for (almost) free. The only cost is the postage you pay in mailing a book to someone else who wants that book (plus, of course, the amount you paid for the book when you first bought it).

Here's how it works: you sign up with Paperback Swap for free. Then, you list at least ten books that you don't want anymore. When someone requests a book from you, you mail it to them. When they receive the book, you get one credit for that transaction. You can then use that credit to request a book from another member.

I have mailed several books for just a few dollars in postage. These were books I had sitting around that I didn't want anymore, and I've gotten several from the site that I have been looking for and haven't been able to find. Since I am able to buy books from my local Goodwill for next to nothing (paperbacks are 3 for $.99 and hardbacks are 3 for $1.99!), I have spent very little money to get the books I want.

You can also buy credits from the website for $3.45 each. That's not much for one book. And it is delivered to your door! Can you tell I'm excited about Paperback Swap?

To find out more, go to http://www.paperbackswap.com/. You may become hooked, too!

(If you decide to join, please request me as a friend. My member name is seizethebookblog.)

No comments: