Thursday, April 8, 2010

New York Times Bestseller Personal Challenge


Some of you know that at the first of the year, when I began this blog, I set a goal for myself to read all of the #1 non-fiction bestsellers from the New York Times Bestseller List. I have read three so far (see tab at the top of this blog entitled New York Times Bestseller Challenge).

On Tuesday, I was on Twitter when I spotted this blog post by Tim Challies about the book entitled Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang. I have decided, after reading his review, I will not be reading this book. Just wanted to let you know in case you wondered why I did not read it or review it. Not worth my valuable time.

So, not counting that one, I have read half of the books so far. Not, bad, but I need to get moving if I am going to read them all. I don't want to get too far behind! I'll let you know how it goes.

Have you read any of the NYT bestsellers? Leave a comment (and a link to any reviews you have for those books).

Carpe libris!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have this book on hold at the library... I may have to reconsider my decision after reading Tim Challies blog post!

Carrie said...

Oh dummy, Carrie, I didn't realize that Challies had a separate blog for his challenge. (That makes sense and I'm sure I was supposed to have followed the trail and figured that out!) At any rate, yup, that sounds like a really stupid book and not worth the time!

I haven't read any of the NYT bestsellers. (I don't find them necessarily appealing.) I typically wait to see what people like YOU think of them and then decide whether or not I would want to read them. So lead the way! =) I'm listening and following!