Tuesday, August 30, 2011

FIRST Wild Card Tour: Dawn of the Golden Promise by B.J. Hoff

I remember reading The Emerald Ballad series whenever it was first published. I really enjoyed the story of the Fitzgeralds and the Burkes and I was sad to see it end with Dawn of the Golden Promise. I have read other books by B.J. Hoff, and I have loved every one of them. I'm so glad I was given this chance to re-read this particular book.

Dawn of the Golden Promise (The Emerald Ballad)When I signed up for this review, I did not realize it was the last book in the Emerald series. I just saw that it was written by Mrs. Hoff. So I knew I was in for a treat!

I was right. Although I have read it before, it had been long enough that I did not remember all the details. It was like I was visiting old friends as I read. I became caught up in the narrative so much that I was disappointed when I reached the last page. This has made me want to read all the books in the series again so I can relive the stories. Hmmm.... I'm not sure when I'll be able to accomplish this, however. So many books, so little time!

I give Dawn of the Golden Promise 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments: