Friday, March 19, 2010

Books Seized This Week



Here are all the books that have come into my home this week. Some are for review, and some are just contest wins and library books. I may or may not write reviews on all of these (I may not even get to read them all smileys (3).) Anyway, here they are, in no particular order:

I Am Nujood, Age 10 and Divorced   The Wife's Tale: A Novel   The Swimming Pool   Reporting at Wit's End: Tales from the New Yorker  by Chris Bohjalian (Author)Secrets of Eden: A Novel (Hardcover)   Forest Gate: A Novel   Tea with Hezbollah: Sitting at the Enemies Table Our Journey Through the Middle East   Plain Truth   Mom Still Likes You Best: The Unfinished Business Between Siblings   Her Mother's Hope (Marta's Legacy)   Wench: A Novel    Caught        

Yeah, right, I'm going to read all these PLUS the ones I already have on my shelf to review? Hah!

What do you think? Have you read any of these? What did you think of them? Which one should I read next? If you have any links to reviews you have done, or good reviews you have read on any of these books, please add them in the comments section. I'd love to hear from you!      

Tolle Lege!

4 comments:

Shirley Ann said...

Does it seem like some days the reading list grows longer with each completed book? It does for me! Good luck getting through all these, I look forward to hearing what you have to say about them. Better speed-read!

S

Carrie said...

Well, I just read Her Mother's Hope and liked it. Here's my review:

http://www.readingtoknow.com/2010/03/her-mothers-hope.html

Jennifer reviewed I Am Nujood at 5 Minutes for Books and I found her review really thought provoking.

http://www.5minutesforbooks.com/3204/i-am-nujood-age-10-and-divorced/

Reporting at Wit's End sounds intriguing so I'll be looking forward to your thoughts on that one!

Sherry said...

The Ted Dekker book is on my TBR list.

Off topic: When will you send me your list? Please contribute a list of your 10 favorite poems to my poem survey. Read more about it here: http://www.semicolonblog.com/?p=9520

Anna said...

You have a lot of great-sounding books listed here. I also have The Wife's Tale and The Swimming Pool. Looking forward to your thoughts.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric