Wednesday, December 22, 2010

WWW Wednesdays

WWW Wednesdays is a meme from Should Be Reading, where we answer three questions: What are you currently reading? What did you recently finish reading? and What do you think you'll read next? If you want to participate, answer the three questions, then put your link on the Should Be Reading Blog in the comment section. Happy reading!

          The Phantom Tollbooth    The Ruins of Gorlan (The Ranger's Apprentice, Book 1)     Leigh Ann's Civil War (Great Episodes)


What I am currently reading: The Phantom Tollbooth by Norman Juster - I made a deal with my threee youngest children: I gave each of them a book I have read that I liked and I think they would like, and they did the same with me. This is the one my youngest gave to me to read. I have read it before, probably when I was about her age, and I loved it then. So many play on words and a book that is just plain fun.


What I recently finished reading: The Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan - My 14yo son asked me to read this one. I wasn't sure about it at first (not usually something I read), but I actually enjoyed it. I can see why he has read it (and the others in the series) several times. If you have a boy in your family who wants a new author to read, be sure and tell him about this series.


What I'll probably read next: Leigh Ann's Civil War by Ann Rinaldi - My 16yo daughter has read most, if not all, of Ann Rinaldi's books. So it wasn't a surprise to me when she recommended this one to me. I like to read stories set during the Civil War, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it.
 

No comments: