Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WWW Wednesdays

WWW Wednesdays is a meme from Should Be Reading, where we answer three questions: What are you currently reading? What did you recently finish reading? and What do you think you'll read next? If you want to participate, answer the three questions, then put your link on the Should Be Reading Blog in the comment section. Happy reading!


                   
                    Love Amid the Ashes: A Novel               Cold Wind (A Joe Pickett Novel)               Sweetie  

What I am currently reading: Love Amid the Ashes by Mesu Andrews - I'm not liking this one as much as I did Bathsheba (review to be posted tomorrow). It takes a lot of writing skill to write biblical fiction without confusing facts. It's one thing to "fill in the gaps" and quite another to make up a bunch of stuff that contradicts the tenor and text of the Bible, thus making the whole story unbelievable and/or disappointing to readers.

What I recently finished reading: Cold Wind by C.J. Box - I had never read this author before. I can see why he is well-liked, but I'm not sure if I will read any more by him (review to come within the next week or two).

What I'll probably read next: Sweetie by Kathryn Magendie - I started this book earlier this year, but got behind on some other reading and set it aside.

What are you reading? What have been your favorites so far this year? How many books have you read since January 1? (28 for me)

No comments: