Wednesday, February 9, 2011

WWW Wednesdays

WWW Wednesdays is a meme from Should Be Reading, where we answer three questions: What are you currently reading? What did you recently finish reading? and What do you think you'll read next? If you want to participate, answer the three questions, then put your link on the Should Be Reading Blog in the comment section. Happy reading!


                    Lady in the Mist: A Novel (The Midwives)          Rooms: A Novel          Angel Sister: A Novel


What I am currently reading: Lady in the Mist by Laurie Alice Eakes - I am almost finished with this book which I received from Revell to review. It is the first in a series. One thing I like about it is that the "ex-fiance" is not a mean, bitter, cold-hearted man, but someone who (at least so far) loves Tabitha (the main character) and wants the best for her. A lot of books like this have the two men who are vying for the heart of a woman to be complete opposites, one "perfect", the other evil, or, at the least, whiny and disagreeable. 

What I recently finished reading: Rooms by James L. Rubart - This one was okay, but I didn't agree with some of the theology in it and so had a hard time finishing it. I did like the plot, though. Interesting book. I won his book called Book of Days (just released in January) in a recent contest, so I'll read it soon and perhaps share my thoughts here.

What I'll probably read next: Angel Sister by Ann H. Gabhart - Here is the blurb from the back of the book: "It is 1936 and Kate Merritt works hard to keep her family together. Her father has slipped into alcoholism, her mother is trying to come to grips with their dire financial situation, and her sisters seem to remain blissfully oblivious to all of it. Kate could never have imagined that a dirty, abandoned little girl named Lorena Birdsong would be just what her family needs."

What are you reading? As always, let me know in the comments.

No comments: