Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon Coming This Saturday!

An exciting event is coming this Saturday, April 9th! The Dewey Readathon will be taking place from 8:00 AM until 8:00 AM Sunday (Eastern Standard Time). That's 24 hours of reading, blogging, and lots of fun!

I will be participating in this event. I plan on reading as much as I possibly can for 16 out of the 24 hours. I will begin at 8:00 and I will stop at 12 midnight. My goal is to read 750 pages. That should give me enough time to update my status on my blog and take breaks for eating.

I participated in this event last year and had a great time. However, my computer got a virus that day, so I spent a large portion of my time with the computer guy while he fixed my laptop (my other computer is super slow, so I blogged on it some, then gave up around 6:00 PM). But I continued reading, and my final count of pages was 590. Not too bad, considering.

If you would like to follow my progress throughout the day, you may go to this page, where I will be writing updates and entering challenges made by some of the participants. And if you want to follow me on Twitter, my Twitter name is seizethebooknow.

Let me know if you are participating as well. I would like to see your blog and perhaps follow you on Twitter.

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

Kate {The Parchment Girl} said...

I'm looking forward to the read-a-thon too! This will be my first one as I was horribly sick during the last one. I think I'll take a leisurely pace and focus on just two books that I've been wanting to finish/begin.

I'll be checking your blog and following your twitter updates!

LRAtRandom said...

I found your blog on the read-a-thon list and thought I'd say hi! This is my first year participating :-)

Jen
http://lratrandom.blogspot.com/