Monday, May 23, 2011

FIRST Wild Card Tour: False Witness by Randy Singer

WOW! I'm not sure how I've missed Randy Singer up until now, but now that I've read this book, I'm definitely going to read the rest of his novels.

False Witness was packed with energy, suspense, and even some humor, something I didn't expect in a book like this, but done very well. I was quickly caught up into the story and didn't want to stop.

It was as though I was watching the TV show 24 all over again as I read this story, although it was even better, because the author is a Christian and the book is cleaner than 24. But there were some elements, such as torture, chase scenes, etc., that were like the show. In fact, I could envision the book's characters on the TV screen as I was reading. If you like suspense, you will love this book.

I was impressed when I read the following in the author's bio on the back cover of the book:

"(Randy) is donating all royalties from the sale of False Witness to the Dalit Freedom Network, which works to provide Dalit children a first-class education and free them from the bondage of human trafficking. For more infomation, visit www.dalitnetwork.org."

This struck a chord with me, since I have become extremely interested in the subject of human slavery in the last few years. Just last week, I attended a program at one of our local churches where the speakers told us about what we can do to help stop this travesty. I will be looking into this further.

Great book that I had a hard time putting down! I give False Witness 5 out of 5 stars!

No comments: