Wednesday, May 4, 2011

WWW Wednesdays

WWW Wednesdays is a meme from Should Be Reading, where we answer three questions: What are you currently reading? What did you recently finish reading? and What do you think you'll read next? If you want to participate, answer the three questions, then put your link on the Should Be Reading Blog in the comment section. Happy reading!

                    40: A Novel               Petey               Livvie's Song (River of Hope, Book 1)                   

What I am currently reading: 40 by Travis Thrasher - I have never read this author before and it was a little hard getting into because of his style, but I think I'm going to like it. Very interesting in the way the main character thinks about his life and how the story leads to what looks like a redemptive ending.

What I recently finished reading: Petey by Ben Mikaelsen - WOW! Great story! Petey is about a man who was born in 1922 with cerebral palsy, but was put in an insane asylum when he was two because his parents could not take care of him. He meets many people in his life who unlock his brain and sees him for who he really is - an amazing, loving man who loves life and wants others to love life as well. I think everyone should read this book that is based on a true story. Very inspiring as well as convicting.

What I'll probably read next: Livvie's Song by Sharlene MacLaren - I will be reading this one for review for FIRST Wild Card.

No comments: