Friday, May 27, 2011

FIRST Wild Card Tour: Unbridled Hope by Loree Lough

Unbridled Hope by Loree Lough is a "feel good" kind of book full of inspiring characters as well as real life struggles. I would like to read the first two books of the series. However, I don't think it was detrimental to read this one alone, even though it is the third in the series.

The title and cover of the book are misleading, because it has nothing to do with horses, as I thought when I first saw it. And some of the passages are stilted and confusing. But I still enjoyed it, especially the parts about baby Reid, who captures all the hearts of Eagle Pass, the town in Texas that is the setting of the novel.

I am glad to be reading more Christian fiction lately because I have been encouraged by a lot of the wholesome living and clean dialogue that is contained in most of them. Yes, a few have been "preachy", but I think this one found that middle ground between didactic and offensive. 

I recommend Unbridled Hope to readers who like Christian romance. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments: