Monday, October 4, 2010

Hit Me! (Please)

I want you to hit me. You know, come to my blog and look around, get to know me a little. Click on the links. Stay a while.

If you are new to this blog, or even if you've been with me a while, I'd like to show you around. So, grab a cup of coffee (or tea, or chocolate milk - whatever) and come with me:

Have you tried any of the tabs at the top of the blog? I have several things to share there. My list of books I want to read (TBR list), books I've read from my local library, books that have been recommended by others, what I did during the Dewey Read-a-thon last April (the next one is coming up this Saturday!), my (feeble) attempt at reading all the New York Times bestsellers of 2010, some of my favorite websites, and a list of the books I have read so far this year (I have read 104 books to date!).

How about the sidebars? I have several things on the side of the blog: books I recommend, places on the internet where you can buy great books (Amazon, Monergism, and Westminster Bookstore), the companies/groups I review books for, other Christian blogs and book blogs, a link to my Twitter account so you can "follow me", and an archive of my posts. You can also see who my followers are as well as a few other things I am involved in and excited about.

If you are a new reader, please consider looking around and reading some of my older reviews. And, if you are not already a follower, if you like what you see, why not become a follower? I would love for you to join us!

Is there anything else you would like to see on this blog? Any constructive criticism? If you have any ideas for future posts or anything else you'd like to see on this blog, please let me know. Or, if you'd just like to tell me "well done", I would appreciate that, too. I'd love to hear from you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a newbie to your blog, and just checked out your book list for this year. We've read a lot of similar titles, and you've read a good many books that I want to read soon.

I'm curious to know what you thought about Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers that you read earlier this year. What did you think? By far, it's my all-time favorite book, and if you haven't read any of her other books (particularly her latest 2), then let me be the first to give both of them some high praise. I think she outdid herself with both of them--Her Mother's Hope and Her Daughter's Dream. I can't stop recommending them to everyone...they're that good.

Kate Scott said...

Thanks for posting this to help us get to know your blog a little better! I've visited a few times, but it's always nice to read an introductory post. = )