Wednesday, October 13, 2010

WWW Wednesdays

WWW Wednesdays is a meme from Should Be Reading, where we answer three questions: What are you currently reading? What did you recently finish reading? and What do you think you'll read next? If you want to participate, answer the three questions, then put your link on the Should Be Reading Blog in the comment section. Happy reading!

The Messenger of Magnolia Street: A NovelWhat I am currently reading: The Messenger of Magnolia Street by River Jordan - Mrs. Jordan has a unique writing style, one that is interesting, yet somewhat hard to grasp. I consider myself a pretty intelligent person, but I'm not quite following the story like I feel I should. I'm hoping that all the questions I have about the plot and the characters will be answered when I reach the end, but I only have about 31 pages left, so I'm also skeptical. I'll try and write a review of this book soon.

I decided to read this one before reading The Miracle of Mercy Land, another book by Mrs. Jordan that I will be reviewing soon.


Don't Look Back (Women of Justice Series #2)What I recently finished reading: Don't Look Back by Lynette Eason - The second book in the Women of Justice series. I liked both of the books so far in the series. I will be reviewing this one next week. You can read my (glowing!) review of Too Close to Home, Women of Justice #1, here. 
                                                  





Sarah's KeySarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay - This one is definitely going on my Top Ten of 2010 list. I almost cried when I read it (I know a book has really touched me when I cry, because I seldom do when reading a book). The story of a girl who survives WWII under horrific circumstances and a reporter who discovers her story and the impact it has on the lives of so many is absolutely amazing. I wonder how Ms. Rosnay wrote such a book. I can't wait to read her next one, A Secret Kept. Review to come.
 
 
 
 
Their Eyes Were Watching GodWhat I'll probably read next: Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston - For the last few years, our city has participated in The Big Read, which is a program designed to encourage communities to read good books and share those with one another through programs such as discussion groups and movie viewings. This year, the people in our area of Knoxville, Tennessee are reading Their Eyes Were Watching God, so I will be reading this book next to prepare for watching the movie based on the book, which will be showing at our library in a few weeks.
 
 
 
What are you reading this week? Have you read any of the ones above? If so, what did you think? I'd love to hear from you!
 

No comments: