Monday, January 17, 2011

Favorite Non-fiction Reads of 2010

A few weeks ago, I posted my favorite fiction reads of 2010. Today I'd like to share my favorite non-fiction reads of this past year. Since I only read 27, I'll post my top five. Here they are (in no particular order):


          The Man Who Loved Books Too Much: The True Story of a Thief, a Detective, and a World of Literary Obsession     Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands: People in Need of Change Helping People in Need of Change (Resources for Changing Lives)     Counterfeit Gods: The Empty Promises of Money, Sex, and Power, and the Only Hope that Matters    

                        Why We Love the Church: In Praise of Institutions and Organized ReligionTheology of Christian Counseling, A







This year, I would like to read at least as many non-fiction books as fiction. As of today, I have read 3 fiction and 2 non-fiction. Since I take longer reading non-fiction, I have reduced my goal of number of books to read this year to 100. Since I read 137 books last year, this goal seems doable.

Do you like to read non-fiction books? What are some of your favorites? What do you tend to read more: fiction or non-fiction? Leave a comment. 


No comments: