Saturday, January 1, 2011

Favorite Fiction Reads of 2010

Happy New Year!

2010 was a great year for books, especially debut titles.

Here is my list (and the links to my reviews) of my top ten favorite fiction reads of 2010 (not all of these were published in 2010):
   
          The Help     The Bride Collector     Room: A Novel

         No Greater Love (Extreme Devotion Series: South Africa #1)      This Fine Life: A Novel     Little Bee: A Novel

          Missing Max: A Novel     Hidden Wives   Predator: A Novel

                                                  Sarah's Key

1. The Help - Kathryn Stockett

2. The Bride Collector - Dekker

3. Room - Emma Donoghue

4. No Greater Love - Kathi Macias

5. This Fine Life - Eva Marie Everson

6. Little Bee - Chris Cleave

7. Missing Max - Karen Young

8. Hidden Wives - Claire Avery

9. Predator - Terri Blackstock

10. Sarah's Key - Tatiana de Rosnay

OK, it's your turn! What are your favorites of 2010? Have you read any of these? Please comment. And, if you have a link to your blog post on your favorite books of 2010, feel free to add that as well.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm waiting for the paperback version of The Help to be released (I think it was already supposed to have but Amazon is still listing it as "not yet.") I'm behind the times on that one.

Here's my list:

http://www.readingtoknow.com/2010/12/year-end-2010.html

Sherry said...

OK> I added three of yours to my TBR list even though it's already totally unmanageable. I only want you to read My Hands Came Away Red. I think you will like it.

Kate Scott said...

I loved The Help too! Sarah's Key is on my shelf waiting to be read later this year. Someone sent me the audiobook of Room a few weeks ago, and a part of me really wanted to listen to it, but it's just such a heavy topic for a novel, so I traded it in for an Amazon credit. Maybe I'll give it a go in the future . . .

Sheila Deeth said...

I definitely need to get organized. Maybe I'll produce a list next year.

Anonymous said...

I loved "Room" - it was on my favorites list as well :)

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

You read some great books in 2010. I love The Help and Little Bee.