Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I Have a Dream

Martin Luther King, Jr., had a dream. I have one, too.

Mine may not be as noble as his was, but it is one I think about often.

There I am, in a large room, several tables scattered throughout. Food covers every table, and there are many people, talking and laughing. I travel from table to table, listening in to all the conversations and adding my brilliant  smileys (65) comments. This goes on for several hours, with everyone in the room having the time of their lives.

Now, the best part of this dream is all about WHO is in the room. Who else but my favorite Christian authors, pastors, and other wonderful people. The guest list includes: John Piper, Ligon Duncan, Albert Mohler, Jr., Kevin DeYoung, Ted Kluck, R. C. Sproul, John MacArthur, Michael Horton, Randy Alcorn, Elyse Fitzpatrick, Mark Dever, Stuart Scott, Martha Peace, Ravi Zacharias, C. J. Mahaney, and many, many more (I know I have left out more of my favorites, but I can't recall them right now). If I could, I would also invite people such as C. S. Lewis, John Owen, Martin Luther, Jonathan Edwards, Charles Spurgeon, and other past giants of the faith. I would love to get inside the minds of these people and grasp the wisdom that they possess. I would truly enjoy talking theology with them and just getting to know them.

I know this dream will never be fulfilled here on earth, but I know that even if I don't meet any of these people here, I will meet them one day in heaven.

(BTW, I have met C. J. Mahaney. And, yes, he's as nice as he seems. I only wish I could have had more time listening to him. I also regret not being able to meet his wife, Carolyn).
 
Oh, what a time that will be. When I will see my Savior's face and sit at his feet. When I will worship the Lord and enjoy His majesty forever.

And, I will share with all the saints in the marriage supper of the Lamb.

Hmmmm, maybe that's what my dream really is. A vision of heaven.

See you there, guys.

No comments: