Thursday, February 25, 2010

ROAR (Read Other's Amazing Reviews)

I tried this last week and no one added any books, so I'll do it again. If no one is interested, then I won't keep on posting it. But I hope many of you will join in. I think it would be fun.

Let's share books we find with each other. The ones we want to add to our TBR list. Not only from the reviews on Saturday Review of Books, but any review or book description we come across in other blogs and websites throughout the week that we want to pass along. This could be a link from a bookseller's website, or a discussion of a book on a news website, etc. Wherever you find a source of a good book, let us know!

Here's how I'd like to do it: when you read a review/description/discussion of a book and you decide you want to read that book, write a post about it, then come and add a link here at Seize the Book in Mr. Linky to the specific post where you blogged about the book. If you don't have a blog, or if you decide not to write about the book on your blog, add a link in Mr. Linky to the specific post of the original review or website page. Be sure that your link is to the specific post or website page and not to the main page. The text should say: (Your name or Blog name): I want to read (name of book and author). The first few have been done for examples.

I hope this will be a fun way to share with each other the books that we find. For ideas on where to find blog reviews, see my blog roll on the left side of this blog entitled "Fellow Bibliophiles". Come on, let's ROAR!

Carpe Libris!
 

1 comment:

Cindy Loven said...

YOU definitely want to read Plain Jayne it was AWESOME!!!