Friday, February 5, 2010

Semicolon's Book Club for 2010

I want to tell you about my sister's book club. She has picked out 12 books to read for 2010 and has invited others to join her to read and discuss them. For those who live in the Houston area, they are invited to her house for the monthly discussion. It sounds like fun.

I didn't get to read the January selection, but I have started the one for February, Till We Have Faces, by C.S. Lewis. I have had this book on my shelf for about four years, when a friend gave it to me after we had read The Great Divorce (also Lewis). She said since I liked that one so much, I would also enjoy Till We Have Faces.

It is interesting so far. I just need to keep reading without trying so much to "figure it out." I am an over-analyzer when it comes to these types of books. It sometimes causes me not to enjoy the book as much as I could if I would just read for enjoyment, THEN meditate on it's "meaning."

Have any of you read this book? Would you recommend it?

For more details on the book club, go on over to Semicolon's blog and check it out.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I'm in for the next few months at least and now I just need to walk downstairs and pull this book on the shelf!

Thanks for this morning's reminder!